Potato masala recipe (1)
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Potato masala recipe (1) from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Potato - 2
- Finely chopped onion - 3 small
- Shallot (sambar onion) - 4
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Coriander seed - ½ tablespoon (tsp.)
- Chili - 4
- Cumin seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shredded coconut - ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder - ½ teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - 5
- Salt - as needed
- Boil in water and cook the potato by cutting them into 1½ inch cube.
- Grind coriander seeds, dry chili, cumin seeds into a fine paste by adding little water as possible. Now add salt, coconut, ¼ cup of water and grind it to a paste. Now add shallot, garlic and grind to a thick paste.
- In a pan heat oil, now add mustard seeds once the mustard seeds stop splattering add chopped onion, curry leaves and cook until onion become translucent (golden brown).
- Now add cooked potato and sauté for 2 minutes. Now add turmeric powder and sauté for a minute.
- Now add the ground paste and sauté until the oil separates (takes about 5 minutes) and serve.
- Goes well with rice