Brinjal (egg plant) and potato mandi recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Brinjal (egg plant) and potato mandi recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Chopped brinjal (egg plant) - 6
- Chopped Potato - 1
- Sliced Shallot (sambar onion) - 15
- Slit Green chili - 15
- Chopped Small Tomato - 1
- Tamarind - 1 goose berry size
- Rice washed water - 1 cup
- Chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Sesame oil - 3 teaspoon
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fenugreek seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- Soak tamarind in rice washed water and take tamarind juice. (rice washed water will be white color as it will have washed starch from rice)
- In a pressure cooker heat oil. Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds stop splattering. Add green chili, shallot (sambar onion) and sauté until the onion turns translucent (golden brown).
- Now add tomato, chili powder and sauté until they become mushy.
- Now add brinjal (egg plant) , potato, salt and sauté until they are coated well.
- Now add tamarind juice and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Once the pressure is gone. Re cook it until the mandi becomes thick and oil start to seperates.
- This goes well with lemon rice, tamarind rice. It well suite for travelling