Chapati dal recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Chapati dal recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Green gram (mung bean) - 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped tomato - 1 big
- Finely chopped onion - 1 big
- Finely chopped green chili - 2
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Asafoetida powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Lemon - 1/2
- Chopped garlic - 3 cloves
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Mustard seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Split black gram - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaves - 5
- Oil - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - to taste
- In a pressure cooker add Green gram (mung bean), tomato, onion, green chili, garlic, 1/2 lemon juice and 1 to 1 1/2 cup water (or as needed) and cook for 3 whistle. Remove from heat and keep aside until the pressure is gone. Add salt as needed and mix well.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seed, split black gram, cumin seed, curry leaves and cook until the mustard seed stop splattering. Now add this to the pressure cooked Dal.
- Mix well and serve with chapati.
- Goes well with chapati.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →