Muslim mutton biryani recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Muslim mutton biryani recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Rice or basmati rice - 1 kilogram
- Goat or lamb meat - 1 kilogram
- Thinly sliced Onion - 4
- Chopped Tomato - 3
- Slit Green chili - 5
- Ginger garlic paste - 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fennel seed powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Biryani masala powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Tomato sauce - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cinnamon stick - 2 inch
- Cloves - 5
- Cardamom - 4
- Mint leaf - from 5 stalks (stems) or 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaf - from 5 stalks (stems) or 1/2 cup
- Yogurt or curd - 1/2 cup
- Rose water - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Lemon - 1
- Vinegar - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - 100 milliliter
- Salt - as needed
- Wash and drain the water from the mutton
- Add mutton, vinegar, 1 teaspoon (tsp.) of ginger garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.) of turmeric powder, salt, water as needed in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook the mutton for 5 whistle.
- Soak the rice for 15 minutes and filter the water from it. Lightly roast the rice in a in ghee and keep it aside. NOTE: rice will turn translucent.
- In a pan heat oil, add cloves, cinnamon stick, cardamom and sauté for a minute.
- Now add the onion, green chili and sauté until the onion turns translucent (golden brown)
- Now add rest of the ginger garlic paste, mint leaves and sauté until raw smell is gone.
- Now add chili powder, tomato and sauté until oil separates.
- Now add black pepper powder, cumin seed powder, rest of the turmeric powder, fennel seed powder, biryani masala powder, yogurt or curd, tomato sauce, salt, rose water, lemon juice from 1 lemon, cooked mutton. Simmer and cook the mutton until oil separates
- Now add 1 rice : 1 1/2 water ratio and bring to boil.
- Now add the roasted rice. Cover with a lid. Simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Add coriander leaves before you remove from stove.
- Yummy Muslim mutton biryani is ready.