Shrimp biryani recipe (2)
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Shrimp biryani recipe (2) from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Shrimp - 1/4 kilogram
- Thinly Sliced Onion - 2
- Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cup
- Chopped tomato - 1
- Curry leaf - 8
- Coriander leaf - 15
- Mint leaf - 10
- Ginger paste - 3/4 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Garlic paste - 3/4 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Cardamom - 2
- Fennel seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Clove - 3
- Bay leaf - 1
- Coriander powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Chili powder - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt - as needed
- Soak basmati rice for 1/2 hour in water.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and ghee. Now add cinnamon stick, clove, fennel seeds, bay leaf, curry leaf. Once the seeds stop splattering add the mint leaves and sauté for a minute.
- Now add the onion and sauté until the onion turns translucent (golden brown).
- Now add ginger, garlic paste, tomato and sauté until raw smell is gone.
- Now add the shrimp until they curl (spiral shape).
- Now add chili powder, coriander powder, salt as needed and cook until raw smell is gone.
- Now add 2 cup of water (or as needed i.e. for each cup of rice you need to have 1 3/4 cup of liquid) and bring to boil.
- Now add the rice and pressure cook for 8 minutes (3 to 4 whistle). Once the pressure is released remove the lid, add ghee and coriander leaf. Mix well and serve.
- You can roast cashew in ghee and add to the biryani and serve as well.