Village style nattu kozhi biryani recipe
Nattu kozhi biryani will taste better than when you make it with broiler chicken. Naturally raised nattu kozhi is good for health and when you make biryani its the ultimate dish.
- County Chicken pieces - 1 kilogram
- Seeraga Samba rice - 1 kilogram
- Sliced onion - 1/4 kilogram
- Chopped Shallot (sambar onion) - 1 handful
- Chopped tomato - 3
- Slit green chili - 8
- Chopped Mint leaf - from 1 small bunch
- Chopped Coriander leaf - from 1 small bunch
- Curry leaf - handful
- Shredded coconut - handful
- Cashew nut - 5 count
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Clove - 3
- Cardamom - 3
- Fennel seed - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Ginger - 2 inch
- Garlic - 15 clove
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Peanut oil - 150 milliliter
- Salt - as needed
- Grind coconut, shallot (sambar onion), 3 green chili, cashew nuts, handful of mint leaves, handful of coriander leaves, cinnamon stick, clove, fennel seeds, cardamom into thick fine paste by adding little water as possible.
- Wash the rice and soak in water for at least 30 min. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil 100 milliliter sesame oil in a pressure cooker. Now add onion and sauté until they become translucent.
- Now add rest of the green chili, tomato, curry leaves, rest of mint leaves, rest of coriander leaves and sauté until tomato become mushy.
- Now add the ground coconut paste and sauté. once the raw smell is gone add chicken pieces, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and sauté well.
- Now add 200 milliliter of water and bring to boil. Once it starts to boil place the pressure cooker lid, place the whistle and cook for 5 whistle. and remove from heat NOTE: nattu kozi will take longer to cook than regular boiler chicken.
- Once the pressure is gone. Now add water to rice ratio as 1 : 1.5 and place in the heat and bring to boil. NOTE: count for liquid if present in the cooker at that time.
- Now add rest of the oil and pressure cook for 2 whistle only and remove from heat and wait for the pressure to be gone.
- Remove the lid and mix gentle without breaking the rice and serve.
- 1 kilo rice uncooked = 5 cups uncooked. so you have to add about 7.5 cups of water.