Paneer rice recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Paneer rice recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Cooked rice - 2 cup
- Shredded paneer - 1 cup
- Sliced onion - 1
- Slit green chili - 3
- Curry leaf - 5 count
- Coriander leaf - handful
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- -- For Tempering --
- Mustard seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Split Bengal gram - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Split black gram - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch.
- Oil - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- In a pan heat oil. Add mustard seeds, Bengal gram, black gram, cumin seeds, asafoetida powder. Once the mustard seeds stop splattering add onion, green chili, curry leaves and sauté.
- Once the onion sauté little, add turmeric powder, salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion is well sautéed.
- Now add paneer and sauté for one or two minutes or until paneer is cooked.
- Now add cooked rice, coriander leaves and mix well then serve.
- Goes well with chips, Poriyal.