Manathakkaali keerai (black nightshade) soup recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Manathakkaali keerai (black nightshade) soup recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 8 cloves
- Tomatoes - 2
- Manathakkaali Keerai (Black Nightshade) - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1/4 cup or as required
- TO FRY:
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Cloves - 4
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp)
- TO GRIND:
- Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
- Hot green chili - 4
- Kasa kasaa (poppy seeds) - 1/4 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Pottu kadalai (roasted gram) - 2 table spoon (tbsp)
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 table spoon
- Cut tomatoes, onion and garlic into find pieces.
- Cut the keerai (greens) into fine pieces.
- Ground the "to grind" (coconut, poppy seeds, roasted gram, fennel seeds, green chili) into find paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add "to fry" (cinnamon stick, cloves, fennel seeds) ingredients, when the fennel seed start to splatter add the cut onion and cook it turns golden brown.
- Now add the cut tomatoes and cook until the oil separates. now add the keerai (greens) for 2-3 min.
- Add the ground paste and 2 cups of water and cook until the raw smell goes away and serve.