Fenugreek seeds porridge recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Fenugreek seeds porridge recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Fenugreek seed - 50 grams
- Par boiled rice - 1 tumbler or 1 cup
- Dry ginger powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Palm jaggery (Karuppatti) - 200 grams
- Sesame oil - as needed
- Salt - little
- Soak rice in water. Soak fenugreek seeds in water. NOTE: both separately.
- In pan heat water and add the Palm jaggery (Karuppatti) and bring to boil. Cook this until the jaggery dissolve completely. Filter the liquid only and keep it aside.
- Grind the soaked fenugreek seeds by adding water as needed until they are soft like butter.
- Grind the soaked rice by adding water coarsely.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat jaggery water + little more water and bring to boil.
- Now add dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, rice batter, fenugreek seed batter and cook by stirring continuously. NOTE: make sure no lump is formed.
- Once this mixture become thick add sesame oil little by little as needed. Stir and cook this until the mixture don't stick to your hand then serve.