Little millet (samai) pongal recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Little millet (samai) pongal recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Little millet (samai) - 1 cup
- Water - 2 1/2 cup
- Moong dal (split green gram) - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 3 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Finely chopped ginger - 1 inch
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Black pepper corns - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - to taste
- Clean and wash millet and moon dal.
- In pressure cooker add millet, moong dal, ghee and pressure cook for 4 whistle.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) of ghee. Now add cumin seeds, black pepper, ginger and curry leaves. Once the curry leaves stop spattering add this to the millet pongal. NOTE: don't open the pressure cooker when the pressure is still there.
- Add salt to pongal for taste. Mix well and serve.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney