Pumpkin masial recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Pumpkin masial recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Pumpkin - 250 grams
- Chili powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chopped Onion - 1
- Chopped Garlic - 3
- Chopped Tomato - 1
- Slit Green chili - 2
- Curry leaf - 6
- Coriander leaf - 10
- -- For tempering--
- Mustard seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Split black gram - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- Cut the pumpkin into 1 inch cubes.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, split black gram, cumin seeds once the mustard seeds stop splattering. Now add the onion and sauté until they turn translucent (golden brown).
- Now add garlic, green chili, curry leaves and sauté until raw smell is gone.
- Now add coriander leaves, tomato and sauté until oil separates.
- Now add the pumpkin, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt.
- Sprinkle some water, place a lid and cook until the pumpkin is cooked and becomes mushy. Remove from heat and serve.
- Goes well with rice.