Potato egg kulambu recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Potato egg kulambu recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Boiled egg - 4
- Potato - 3 to 4 medium size
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cardamom (optional) - 2 to 3
- Chopped onions - 1 1/2 cup
- Chopped tomatoes - 3/4 cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Garam masala powder (optional) - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander leaf - few for garnish
- Oil - 1 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- Pierce the boiled egg with fork or knife randomly.
- Wash, peel and cube the potatoes to your desired size.
- In a pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds, cardamoms and let them sizzle.
- Now add onions and sauté them until they turn golden brown (translucent).
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and sauté until the tomato turn soft and mushy.
- Now add chili powder, coriander powder and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add the potatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add water to partially cover the potato.
- Cover and cook on a low flame until the potatoes are cooked. NOTE: Keep stirring time to time so that kulambu does not get burnt.
- Once the potatoes are cooked add the boiled egg, coriander leaves, garam masala powder and stir well.
- Cover, simmer and cook in low heat (flame) until the right kulambu desired consistency is reached and serve. NOTE: add water as needed if you want more kulambu. At this stage you can add little thick coconut milk if desired. To make dry curry cook until all the water evaporate and oil start to separate.
- Serve with plain rice, roti or any flavored rice
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →