Vallarai keera chutney recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Vallarai keera chutney recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Vallarai keerai (Indian pennywort) thorns removed - from 1/2 bunch
- Chopped Onion - 1
- Chopped Tomato - 1
- Chopped Ginger - a small piece
- Freshly grated coconut - 1/4 cup.
- Green chili - 5
- Mustard seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Split black gram - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Oil - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- Heat little oil in pan. sauté ingredients by adding one by one. Starting with vallarai keerai (Indian pennywort) then adding onion then adding tomato then adding green chili then adding ginger then adding coconut in order until they are all sautéed. Cool this to room temperature. In blender for mixture grind the cooled ingredients + salt in to a fine thick paste by adding water as needed. Transfer this to a bowl.
- In a pan heat oil. add mustard seeds, black gram, asafoetida powder. Once the mustard seed stop splattering add this to chutney in the bowl mix well and serve.
- You can add tamarind if you want to. In order to get the full medicinal value of vallarai keerai (Indian pennywort) its advised to cook with out tamarind.