Muslim style biryani kathirikai recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Muslim style biryani kathirikai recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Egg plant (brinjal) - 10
- Tamarind - 1 gooseberry size OR 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) tamarind paste
- Jaggery - small piece
- Black pepper - 10 count
- Curry leaf - 10 count
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder OR sambar powder - 1 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Peanut - 3 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Sesame seed - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Fenugreek seed - 1/4 teaspoon (tbsp.)
- Oil - 2 to 3 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Salt - as needed
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water and take the juice.
- Roast the peanut, sesame seed, fenugreek seeds and grind them to a fine powder. NOTE: first roast peanut, fenugreek seed then add sesame seed and roast them. sesame seed will get roasted soon so doing this way will avoid sesame seed getting burnt.
- Slit the egg plant (brinjal) into 4 pieces. NOTE: no need to remove the stem as it will hold the brinjal pieces together.
- In a pan heat oil. add black pepper, curry leaves and sauté.
- Now add the egg plant (brinjal) and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chili powder or sambar powder, salt and mix well.
- Now add the tamarind juice. Bring to boil and cook this for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add the powdered peanut mixture and mix well.
- Now place a lid. Simmer in low heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the oil starts to separate. NOTE: need to place the lid and cook other wise oil will not separate and will take a long time for the water to reduce.
- Now add jaggery mix well then serve.
- Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- Goes well with biryani, rice and chapatti.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →