Rice vadai recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Rice vadai recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Rice flour - 200 grams
- Freshly grated coconut - 2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Chopped green chili - 4
- Cumin seed - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chopped coriander leaf - little
- Chopped curry leaf - little
- Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Oil - to deep fry
- Salt - a needed
- Bring to boil 2 cups of water and reduce the heat to gentle. Add salt, cumin seeds, asafoetida powder, green chili, curry leaf, grated coconut after a minute add coriander leaves, rice flour, 1 teaspoon (tsp.) oil. Stir gently and make a dough with out any lump. Remove from heat and cool this to room temperature. NOTE: when adding rice flour add little by little.
- -- Making the vada --
- In pan heat oil for deep frying. Reduce the heat to gentle.
- Coat your palms with little oil; Take a little dough and make a ball. Flatten the ball softly and make a hole in the middle. Add this vadai to oil
- Once the vadai float in oil. Flip and cook both sides to golden brown.
- Do the same for rest of the dough.
- Goes well with coffee, tea.