Quail curry recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Quail curry recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Quail - 2
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 2 small pieces
- Clove - 3
- Cardamom - 1
- Chili powder - 3/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Coriander leaf - 2 sprig
- Mint leaf - 2 sprig
- Curry masala powder - 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Small potato - 2
- Ginger, garlic paste - 1/2 tablespoon (tbsp.)
- Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt - as needed
- Clean and cut the quail into pieces. Add 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.) of salt, curry masala powder to the quail. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Chop tomato, potato into pieces.
- Add 4 tablespoon (tbsp.) of water to coconut and grind into fine paste.
- In pan heat oil, add clove, cinnamon stick, cardamom and sauté for few seconds.
- Now add onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Once the onion is sautéed add turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste and sauté until raw smell is gone.
- Now add tomato, 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.) of salt, coriander leaves, mint leaves and sauté.
- Now add the marinated quail and sauté until the quail release water and coated well with masala.
- Now add potato and sauté well until its covered with masala.
- Add 3/4 cup of water to turmeric powder mix well until its dissolved. Now add this to the curry. Add another 1/2 cup of water to curry and cook for 7 to 10 minutes by covering with a lid.
- After 7 to 10 minutes add grind coconut and cook until curry becomes thick or oil separates and serve.