Mutton nalli elambu (bones) roast recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Mutton nalli elambu (bones) roast recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Mutton nalli elambu (bones) - 1/2 kilogram (refer below)
- Sliced Onion - 200 grams
- Chopped Tomato - 100 grams
- Ginger, garlic paste - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Chili powder - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Fennel powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Thick fresh coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- Salt - a needed.
- -- For Tempering --
- Mustard seed - 14 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - 1 or 2 sprig
- Dry chili - 2
- Oil - as needed
- In a pressure cooker add mutton bones, salt, turmeric powder, water as needed to submerge the bones. Pressure cook this for 4 whistle or until the bones are cooked really well.
- In a pan heat oil. Now add onion and sauté until they become translucent.
- Now add ginger, garlic paste, tomato and sauté until the tomato becomes mushy.
- Now add chili powder, fennel powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder and sauté until the oil starts to separate.
- Now add the cooked bones along with the liquid. Increase the heat and cook until the 3/4 of the liquid evaporates. NOTE: stir continuous so you avoid burning and don't place lid.
- Now add the coconut milk. Simmer, stir and cook until all the liquid is evaporated (oil separates) and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seed, black pepper, dry chili, curry leaves once the mustard stop splattering add this to the roast bones; mix well and serve.