Pori Urundai recipe
Share this => Twitter Facebook Email
Usually pori urundai is bought from store and consumed. Now we see how to make it at home and enjoy.
- Pori (puffed rice) - 500 grams
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Crushed Cardamom - 2
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Boil water in a pan. Add in the crushed cardamom, jaggery and let it boil until the jaggery is completely melted.
- Strain the melted jaggery mixture to remove any impurities. Add it back to the pan and start boiling the mixture again.
- When the mixture starts becoming syrupy, take a little bit of the syrup in a spoon and drop it in a bowl of water. Try gathering the mixture to form a ball. You should be able to form a nice firm ball.
- Once you reach this stage add the pori (puffed rice) and mix well. Once pori (puffed rice) is well coated. while its still warm make urundai (balls) out of it. Once they cooled down serve. NOTE: cool down until the mixture become warm enough to make balls.
Rated Recipes →
New Recipes →