Peanut gulab jamun recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Peanut gulab jamun recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Roasted peanut (skin removed) - 150 grams
- Cashew nut - 150 grams
- Thick whole milk - 250 milliliter
- Maida flour - 100 grams
- Sugar - 300 grams
- Baking powder - a pinch
- Crushed Cardamom - 3
- Saffron or food color - a pinch
- Oil - 250 milliliter
- Soak roasted peanut, cashew nut in milk until they are soaked well. Once soaked well drain milk and grind to thick paste by adding little milk as possible.
- In a bowl add maida flour, baking powder, crushed cardamom powder, saffron, cashew peanut paste and make a soft dough by adding milk if needed.
- Now make small balls (size of gooseberry) out of the soft dough
- In a pan add sugar, water till it submerge, 1 crushed cardamom. Heat this to make thick sugar syrup.
- In pan heat oil and fry the balls in low heat to golden brown. Add the fried balls into the thick sugar syrup. Once the gulab jamun is soaked well then serve