Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Rasgulla recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Whole Milk - 2 liter
- Lemon juice or white vinegar - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Get curd form the milk by curdling (coagulating) i.e. Boil the milk and add vinegar or white vinegar the milk will curd and water will separate.
- Now strain all the liquid from the milk (you will end up with paneer) by using cloth or cheese cloth. This will take an hour or you can leave it the whole night.
- Take out curd in any plate and with help of your hands mash and knead to make it soft and tender
- Now make small balls out of them and keep them aside. (depending on the size you will the count of the balls)
- In a pressure cooker add sugar, 3 cups of water and let this boil.
- Now add 20 - 25 balls, place the lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Now reduce the heat to medium (so the liquid is not boiling in the pressure cooker) for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes place the pressure cooker in cold water to cool down and release the pressure faster.
- Rasgulla is read to serve with the syrup.