Masala chicken recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Masala chicken recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Chicken - 1/2 kilogram
- Chopped onion - 4
- Chili powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Cumin - 1 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - little
- Coriander leaf - little
- Bay leaf - 1
- -- For Marinating --
- Yogurt or curd - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1
- Green chili - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Oil - as needed
- Salt - as needed
- In a bowl add chicken pieces.
- Grind onion, green chili under the section "-- For Marinating --" to a thick paste. add this to chicken pieces. add yogurt or curd, ginger garlic paste from "-- For Marinating --" section . Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. add cumin seeds, bay leaf and sauté. Now add onion and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Now add chili powder, turmeric powder, gram masala powder and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the marinated chicken, one tumbler of water. Place the cooker lid and cook the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked and before you remove from heat add black pepper powder, coriander leaves, curry leaves then serve.