Keerai vegetable samosa recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Keerai vegetable samosa recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Maida flour - 200 gram
- Chopped Keerai (any kind) - a handful
- Finely chopped onion - 2
- Chopped green chili - 3
- Shredded cabbage - 4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Shredded carrot - 2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Skin removed boiled potato - 2
- Garam masala powder - as needed.
- Oil - for deep fry.
- Salt - as needed
- In a bowl add maida flour, salt, water as needed and make a pliable dough keep it aside by covering with wet cloth for at least 30 minutes. knead this rested dough a few times more to make it smooth
- Heat little oil in a pan. add onion, green chili, keerai, cabbage, carrot and sauté. Once the vegetables sautéed remove from heat add mashed boiled potato, garam masala, salt. Mix well and make to make a dough. Now make small balls out of this dough.
- Make equal size of balls from the maida dough. Flatten them with roller pin and make samosa.
- Heat oil to deep fry sbout 325 F to 350 F and no more. Add the raw samosa in batches and cook them to golden brown in gentle heat and serve.
- -- Making raw samosa
- Make equal size balls out of the maida dough and keep them aside for at least 10 minutes covered with wet cloth so the surface of dough ball don't get dry.
- Now flatten the dough to a thin round sheet with rolling pin.
- Now cut the thin round sheet in the middle into two halfs. Make a cone with the sheets fill the potato stuffing as needed. Fold and cover with the top edge and seal the stuffing.
- Do not over knead the dough. Dough has to bee flaky.
- Keep the oil heat between batches 325 F to 350 F for good result.