Snake gourd pickle recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Snake gourd pickle recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Young Snake gourd - 2
- Sesame oil - 4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Pigeon pea - a handful
- Asafoetida powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Dry chili - 2
- Scrap the out skin and remove seed from snake gourd and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat 2 teaspoon (tsp.) of oil. Add the chopped snake gourd and sauté until cooked and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat 2 teaspoon (tsp.) of oil. add pigeon pea, asafoetida powder, black pepper, dry chili and roast them to golden brown. Remove and cook this to room temperature.
- In a blender or mixer add the roasted snake gourd, roasted pigeon pea ingredients, salt and grind to a fine thick paste.