Butter cake recipe
Let see how to Cook authentic tamil food Butter cake recipe from scratch by following Step By Step instructions..
- Maida flour - 500 grams
- Unsalted butter or margarine - 500 grams
- Powdered Sugar - 500 grams
- Egg - 10
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence - 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Baking powder - 2 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius)
- Mix maida flour, baking powder. Sift maida flour, baking powder mixture 3 times using sieve or sifter. This will remove any lump, aerate and combine ingredients ( flour and baking soda).
- Keep baking tray ready by covering with butter paper.
- In a big bowl (as shown in image below) add powdered sugar, butter and beat well with a egg beater. i.e. mixed well
- Now add 2 eggs and beat them until they foam. Do the same with rest of the eggs. i.e. add 2 eggs beat them then add 2 more eggs beat them until all the eggs are gone.
- Now add the milk, vanilla essence and beat well.
- Now add maida flour mixture little by little (to avoid lumping) and mix with a spatula or a spoon. Once they are mixed well without any lump. NOTE: don't use egg beaters at this stage.
- Pour this into the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cook in batches for better result
- Glass Bowl: