Shrimp Biryani Recipe
- By indiantamilrecipe.com
- Prep Time:0 minutes | Cooking Time:1 hour
- Basmati rice - 1/2 kilogram
- Shrimp or Prawn - 1/4 kilogram
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 2 pieces
- Sliced Onion - 1/4 kilogram
- Sliced Tomato - 3
- Slit Green chili - 4
- Garlic - 10 clove
- Ginger - 2 inch piece
- Chili powder - 3 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.)
- Curry leaf - 1 sprig
- Coriander leaf - handful
- Mint leaf - a handful
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt - as needed
- Cook the rice with bay leaf until it becomes puffy and keep it aside. NOTE: don't cook rice sticky
- Grind ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
- In a pan heat oil add cinnamon stick, curry leaf and sauté for few seconds.
- Now add onion, green chili and sauté until onion turns translucent.
- Now add chopped tomato and sauté until they become mushy.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add coriander leaves, mint leaf and sauté until they sautéed.
- Now add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and sauté until oil separates.
- Now add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is cooked and masala is thick.
- Now add the cooked rice mix well and serve.
- Trick is to get the right consistency of masala to rice ratio. it the masala is think then biryani will be watery.
Download our App
Best / Popular recipes