Shrimp Biryani Recipe
Rated 5 by 0 people
- Shelled and deveined shrimp - 1 lbs. or 500 grams
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Medium Onion - 1 chopped
- Grated ginger - 1 inches
- Grated garlic - 2 cloves
- Grated coconut - 2/3 cup
- Garam Masala - 2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Lime Juice - 1 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Cashew nuts and Raisins - 1 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Bay Leaves - 2
- Ghee or butter - 1/4 cup
- Salt - To taste
- Soak the rice in normal water for 20 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of green chilies, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and coconut.
- In a pan heat 3 tablespoons of butter or ghee and add half of the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the paste to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) salt. Mix well so that all the shrimps are coated with the cooked masala and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes Remove from heat and set aside..
- In a separate pan heat 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee and fry the bay leaves and add the remaining onions and fry until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add the peas, 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) salt and 2 cup of water.
- Put the lid on the pan and let it stay for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost done on a low flame.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a serving bowl mix the shrimps and rice together.
- Cover the bowl with the aluminum foil. Put it in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- When done add the lime juice and garnish the shrimp biryani with fried cashew nuts and raisins
Muslim mutton biryani recipe
Easy mutton biryani recipe
Chicken biryani recipe
Hyderabad mutton biryani recipe
Hyderabad vegetable biryani recipe
Malabar mutton biryani recipe
Mogul chicken biryani recipe
Shrimp biryani recipe
VIEW ALL RECIPES
VIEW BY GLOSSARY