Shrimp Biryani Recipe
- Shelled and deveined shrimp - 1 lbs. or 500 grams
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Medium Onion - 1 chopped
- Grated ginger - 1 inches
- Grated garlic - 2 cloves
- Grated coconut - 2/3 cup
- Garam Masala - 2 teaspoon (tsp)
- Lime Juice - 1 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Cashew nuts and Raisins - 1 tablespoon (tbsp)
- Bay Leaves - 2
- Ghee or butter - 1/4 cup
- Salt - To taste
- Soak the rice in normal water for 20 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of green chilies, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and coconut.
- In a pan heat 3 tablespoons of butter or ghee and add half of the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the paste to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) salt. Mix well so that all the shrimps are coated with the cooked masala and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes Remove from heat and set aside..
- In a separate pan heat 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee and fry the bay leaves and add the remaining onions and fry until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add the peas, 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) salt and 2 cup of water.
- Put the lid on the pan and let it stay for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost done on a low flame.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a serving bowl mix the shrimps and rice together.
- Cover the bowl with the aluminum foil. Put it in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- When done add the lime juice and garnish the shrimp biryani with fried cashew nuts and raisins
Best / Popular recipes